THE FALL OF BABYLON
Review Last Lesson:
In the last lesson, we saw MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Her sins are many. Great is the God who judges her. Based on what I have seen, I will outline them here so you can be sure that you know who she is: Lesson
- She has set herself up as the religious authority.
- Her church members pray, bow, and confess their sins to a man and ask for his forgiveness.
- She has a house full of “virgins”, who call their high priest “holy father”.
- She has built a walled city where the doors are only opened to whomever they let in. It even has a place within that walled city called “heaven”.
- All the kings of the earth have bowed down to her high priest and have called him “holy father”.
- She sets herself up as the one who can declare who is a saint, and who’s not.
- Her people also pray to a woman.
- Her priests molest children and are forbidden to marry.
- She gives herself the authority to excommunicate you.
- She has done everything that Jesus has said not to do.
- She has a massive amount of material wealth given to her by her followers.
- She has tried to overrule some of the prophesies in the Old and New Testaments.
- Her “bible” has an image of their high priest in the front cover.
- Today, 1/3 of the world follows this harlot.
- Her country and government is responsible for the death of many followers of Christ.
- She is the ultimate adulteress and harlot, her allegiance is to her high priest not Christ.
- She worships a beast.
- She worships golden idols.
- She worships demons.
- She practices the abominations mentioned in Leviticus
- She worships snakes.
- She does not know Christ.
- Because of her idolatry, she does not worship God.
- She blasphemes the Holy Spirit.
- She rejected Christ.
- She worships wooden idols.
When Christ is revealed, people will wonder whose names are in the Book of Life. They will realize that they followed a man, and not God. This harlot is the biggest religious phony in the world today. She does not love Jesus. She doesn’t even know him. She is an insult to Christ’s true wife because Christ’s wife loves her husband and his happiness is important to her. She loves God with her heart, her mind, her body, and soul. Christ’s wife is faithful to him, to his teachings, to his word, no matter how harsh, and she tells his truth. Christ’s true wife is faithful to him and would never commit adultery and would never put a man before God. She keeps herself pure for her husband, and loves and looks out for his sheep.
The Fall of Babylon
1 And after these things I saw another angel coming down out of Heaven having great authority, and the earth was lighted up from his glory. 2 And he cried in a strong, great voice, saying, Babylon the great has fallen! It has fallen, and it has become a dwelling-place of demons, and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean bird, even having been hated, 3 because of the wine of the anger of her fornication which all the nations have drunk, even the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her; and the merchants of the earth became rich from the power of her luxury. 4 And I heard another voice out of Heaven saying, My people, come out of her, that you may not share in her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues; 5 because her sins joined together, even up to Heaven, and God remembered her unjust deeds. 6 Give back to her as also she gave back to you, and double to her double, according to her works. In the cup which she mixed, mix to her double. 7 By what things she glorified herself, and luxuriated, by so much give back to her torment and mourning. Because she says in her heart, I sit as a queen, and I am not a widow; and I do not see mourning at all. 8 Because of this, in one day her plagues shall come: death, and mourning, and famine; and she will be consumed with fire, for the Lord God judging her is strong.
9 And the kings of the earth will weep for her, and will wail over her, those having fornicated and having luxuriated with her, when they see the smoke of her burning; 10 standing from afar because of the fear of her torment, saying, Woe! Woe to the great city, Babylon, the strong city! For in one hour your judgment came. 11 And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn over her, because no one buys their cargo any more, 12 cargo of gold, and silver, and of precious stone, and of pearls, and of fine linen, and of purple, and of silk, and of scarlet, and all thyine wood, and every ivory vessel, and every vessel of very precious wood, and of bronze, and of iron, and of marble, 13 and cinnamon, and incenses, and ointment, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine meal, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and of bodies and souls of men. 14 And the ripe fruits of the lust of your soul went away from you, and all the fat things, and the bright things went away from you, and you will find them no more, not at all. 15 The merchants of these things, the ones being enriched from her, will stand from afar because of the fear of her torment, weeping and mourning; 16 and saying, Woe! Woe to the great city having been clothed in linen and purple and scarlet, and having been gilded with gold and precious stone, and pearls! 17 For in one hour such great wealth was desolated. And every ship-pilot and all company on the ships, and sailors, and as many as work the sea, stood from afar, 18 and cried out, seeing the smoke of her burning, saying, What is like the great city? 19 And they threw dust on their heads, and cried out, weeping and mourning, saying, Woe! Woe to the great city, by which all those having ships in the sea were rich, from her costliness, because in one hour she was ruined. 20 Rejoice over her, Heaven, and the holy apostles, and the prophets, because God judged your judgment on her. 21 And one strong angel lifted a stone like a great millstone, and threw it into the sea, saying, This way, on a violent impulse, Babylon the great city will be thrown down, and it will never more still be found. 22 And the sound of harpers, and of musicians, and flutists, and of trumpeters will never more be heard in you. And every craftsman of every craft will never more be found in you. And the sound of a mill will never more be heard in you. 23 And the light of a lamp will never more shine in you. And the voice of the bridegroom and bride will never more be heard in you. For your merchants were the great ones of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were misled. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all the ones having been slain on the earth.
- The Fall of Babylon – prison of every unclean spirit, bird and everything hated. A dwelling place of demons.
- All nations have drunk of the wine of her fornication.
- All children of God are told to “come out of her!” She has glorified herself. She says that she is a “queen” and that she is not a “widow”, and that she will see no mourning at all.
- She will be utterly consumed with fire.
- For strong is the Lord God that judges her!
- She led all the nations astray.
- All of her riches will be gone instantly.
- The voice of the Bridegroom and the Bride will no longer be heard in you.
- In one hour you will become desolate.
- In her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all the ones having been slain on the earth.
Lesson: God will not let false religions ever again deceive his children. The destruction of Babylon is sure and certain. There is only one God, only one Christ, and only one Holy Spirit. This judgment against Babylon is personal to God. This chapter makes it clear that God is a jealous God and has not, nor ever will, relinquish his throne. The City of Babylon is the city that reigns over the earth, the city that set itself as God and above God and the city where kings and merchants have fornicated with this false religious system. This “city” took the souls of men. She took, with her unjust deeds, from innocent children of God. God has decided that now has come the time for her to reap the fruit of her labors.
God will give back to her everything she gave and did to his children. We cannot take lightly what Jesus said in his message to the churches. We need to make sure that we are not a part of the ungodliness that is committed in the name of God. We must never forget that the only door we need to open is the door to God’s heart. Love God. Follow His commandments, and love our neighbors as ourselves. This is the best we can do throughout our lives.
- What did the Angel with great authority cry in a strong voice?
- Why did Babylon fall?
- Who did the voice tell to come out of Babylon?
- What did Babylon do?
- Who is judging Babylon?
- What will the kings and merchants do?
- What is “Mystery Babylon” is she a woman?
- What did the strong Angel with a great millstone say?
- Who were Babylon’s merchants?
- What was found in Babylon?